Monday, June 13, 2005

Un Fortune (ately)

I would so kick butt at this job.

Ahem:

Never trust a man wearing white socks and black shoes

Bad luck comes to those who stare

When lost, always turn left

It is a wise woman who flosses after eating an entree flecked with cilantro

Those who start wars have no imagination

Check for panty lines

When a small child thinks you look funny, you do

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

On second thought, I'd be fired after two weeks or one hundred fortunes, whichever came first.

Now you try.

5 comments:

bjanepr said...

ok, i'll take a stab at it:

too much pork will give you gout.

LOL i don't think i'd be very good at this!!!

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

I wonder if they'd do this remotely...

True treasures are best shared with loved ones.

Eyes show love, but lips betray the heart.

The wise one keeps an open heart and a closed mouth.

Spend slowly but love swiftly.

Oh...yeah...I could do this...

ver said...

Wow, Bec, I think you found your calling!

And Miz BJ, while I think you should stick to the pantoum (hehehe...sounds funny), I appreciate yours for its Filipino-centric stance.

OBermeo said...

sure fire way to make a fortune more interesting is to always add in bed at the end of the phrase

much prosperity waits for you in bed
you are the calm before the storm in bed
***if you're happy and you know it, clap your hands in bed***

ima go and apply right now!

ver said...

Nice technique, o.b.! It works particularly well with my fortunes, the one exception being "Check for panty lines."