Strange things about today:
1) A sudden hatred of the word "snark" and all its permutations: "snarky," "snarkiness," "snark-fest," etc. This word is finished; this word should never have started.
2) I received literally no e-mail today. That's plain weird.
3) I went to write something down—on, you know, actual paper with an actual scribbling implement—and spent a good six to eight minutes looking for a pen that was not a Sharpie. What kind of writer cannot find a pen in under fifteen seconds?
4) I keep wondering—as in I am unable to free myself of the question—if Johnny Depp (as Willie Wonka) will utter that Shakespeare quote from the original C & the CF: "So shines a good deed in a weary world." And while we're on the subject...Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing?
5) There are other odd little things about today, but they're even more banal than the previous four, so I'll spare you.
I think my best course of action at the moment would be to vacuum. Off I go.