Friday, May 13, 2005

Me & Mrs. Jones

One of R & V's preschool teachers is an older gentleman with the booming voice of God Himself. Have you ever met one of those people who is doing exactly what s/he was put on this here earth to do? He's like that. Which is why he should never momentarily drift from exercising his teaching talents to deliver rico suave lines such as this to women such as me: "You know, you remind me of Catherine Zeta-Jones."

*pauses for laughter to subside*

I smiled and said, "Oh gosh, but she's such a diva!" and continued on my merry way. What I really wanted to say, though, was, "Would that be before or after the plastic surgery?"

I'm so evil.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, today I feel like Mrs. Doubtfire.

JD

Gura said...

actually, it doesn't look like Catherine-Zeta Jones has had any plastic surgery, the shape of her nose is the same. then again, I'd have to pass this to Tatang who has a cattier eye than eye to find such things.

ver said...

That's okay, JD. Sometimes I feel like RuPaul.

Gura, what does Tatang say?! Because her nose looks completely different to me. In fact, if someone had shown me just the picture on the left and told me to guess who it was, I would have failed. And I am gifted in the above-the-shoulder recognition department!! In fact, I once recognized the boyfriend of a Real World (San Francisco) cast member just from the back of his head.

Okay, maybe that's not a "gift."