Tuesday, January 10, 2006

And The Award For OA Goes To...

If you're Filipino (or maybe this was just my family?) perhaps you remember a nifty little exclamation from the late 70s or so. This was uttered when someone was bringing the melodrama a little too hard: "She's so OA!" Other exciting derivations:

"He's so OA!"
"They're so OA!"
"It was so OA!"
"That's so OA!"
"Stop being so OA!"

OA meaning "over acting," of course. Well, taking a leisurely stroll through the hallowed aisles of Ranch 99 today, I found a product worthy of OA status. Doubly thrilling is the fact that it was a package of bihon! It was worthy of OA status because its slogan was, "Once Tasted Ever Wanted!" (exclamation theirs)

Quite a lofty claim for rice noodles, if you ask me...

*strikes the so-OA pose*

5 comments:

Princess Leia said...

I'm so OA...

Lightbulb: I never got that that's really OH-AYYY.. . I've always thought it was a Pilipino word.

Cross-cultural note: Acting OA (aka "exagerada") can be also called "histrionic personality disorder."

ver said...

Oh, geez, maybe it is a P/Filipino word and I just completely made up this whole thing...

yhwtkb?

Patrick said...

I want "Once Tasted Ever Wanted" on my own t-shirt (pic of noodles might be a nice touch too)

Patrick said...

Oh -- I want the exclamation point too(!)

ver said...

It's nothing without the exclamation point. Or what I mean is...it's nothing without the exclamation point!

A recent post of Wily's has put me on the lookout for a t-shirt, too. A "Viva Hot Babes!" t-shirt. Because, really, I cannot imagine anything more amusing...

okkadz! (what the salesperson says when you ask for a "Viva Hot Babes!" t-shirt)