Friday, October 05, 2007

Sorry? I'll Show You Sorry

By way of an introduction, I would like to say that I am no wimp when it comes to the dentist. I have endured horrifying dental and periodontal procedures during my lifetime and have barely uttered a sound beyond a muffled, "I hate you." With that said...

I have a new dental hygienist. Our relationship is off to a difficult start mostly because I almost jumped out of the chair and throttled her for causing me such deep discomfort. It would have been one thing if she'd said, "You know, this is going to really, really hurt, so...just deal with it." Instead, she was overly apologetic and affected a pixie-like voice. "Oh, I'm sorry!," she squeaked again and again. "I'm so sorry!" This was a little bit like slapping me repeatedly while smiling.

Masochist.

I bet she doesn't have any friends.

No comments: