Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Saturday @ Eastwind

First of all: go vote!

Second: Did your best friend stand you up for your weekly Saturday afternoon "find your bliss" pep talk?

Are you looking for an excuse to avoid your co-worker's daughter's fourth birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese? In San Bruno?

Have you been meaning to have a slice of mediocre pizza at a mediocre pizza place situated next door to a bookstore dedicated to the sale and advancement of Asian/AsianAm literature?

Yes, I thought so. Have I got a plan for you! Why not come see Veronica Montes (that would be me) and Marianne Villanueva read at Eastwind Books in Berkeley this Saturday @ 4:00? Details right here.

Now, I know what you're thinking: Ver, I'm so there! But I'm feeling a little funny about this. How in the world can I tell the difference between you and Marianne?

The difference, dear ones, is that Marianne is a Rock Star. She wears black liquid eyeliner, a bustier, and one of those headset microphones. Her choreography, as you will witness, is second only to Paul Abdul's in the seminal "Opposites Attract" music video. I, on the other hand, have greasy hair, zero costume changes, and am forced—due to severe financial constraints—to carry around my own equipment.

See you there!

3 comments:

Gladys said...

Ver, I'm so there! And Marianne V. in a bustier? Wow! Even more reason! Hee hee. I even told my students about it, though not about the bustier and headset, so we will see who shows up. Looking forward to it!

ver said...

It will be so good to meet you, Gladys! And this just in: Marianne is bringing one of her classes from Notre Dame de Namur. It's made up entirely of Canadian lacrosse players.

*scratches head & smiles*

Anonymous said...

Dear Ver,

Now that the reading is OVER, I am able to read your blog and find myself rolling on the floor at your description of me. WOULD that I could prance about in liquid eyeliner and a bustier! (Of course, first I'd have to go to the gym and lose about 10 lbs...)

Nice to read with you. My lacrosse players got lost on the way to Berkeley. I will give them hell in class tomorrow :-)

Marianne