Sunday, November 20, 2005

Oh.

Out of the corner of my eye, I thought I saw Risa and Vida pass by the kitchen door and down the hallway. I thought Vida was carrying Risa like a baby. I thought this was odd. I got up, walked across the kitchen, and looked down the hallway. They turned the corner into Lea's room. Vida was, indeed, carrying Risa like a baby.

"Are you okay?" I called after them.

No answer.

"Risa, are you okay?"

More silence.

Nothing to do, then, but follow them into Lea's room. Vida was sitting on the bed, and Risa was curled up in her lap. "Risa. Are you okay?"

Simultaneous exasperated sighs. Risa spoke. "Mom, I'm fine. I'm pretending to be a cat. Now will you please go?"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee! very cute. Luckily I have met your darling children and get the full cuteness visual impact of the scene.

Now get them a cat so they aren't afraid of animals like the rest of us were raised to be.

OBermeo said...

ah, the children. i was hangin with my six yr old godson yesterday and everytime i would come up with a plan to get to someplace, he kept giving me the "ok, if you want us to get LOST" expression