Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pinoy Blogger Party - Holiday Version

First, I was going to send out invitations carved on coconut shells and delivered to your doorstep by a barely clad island beauty.

Then I was going to send snail mail invitations written in invisible ink, which you would then need to hold over an open flame to decipher.

Then I got lazy and decided to send a goovite (mostly because I like the word "goovite").

Then I got truly lazy and decided just to blog it. Here's the plan, folks:

When: Saturday, December 10th @ 6:00

Where: Drinks/snacks/beats at Laszlo bar and then a quick Pinoy Parade (I almost wrote "short Pinoy Parade," but then thought better of it) to the Makeout Room for Writers with Drinks featuring our own Ms. Barbara Jane Reyes.

Leave a joyous comment if you're in! Leave a whiny comment if you're out! And since not everyone makes a regular stop here at Nesting Ground, please link away.

16 comments:

OBermeo said...

this sounds so fly that i will make a cross continent trip to make it!

being that it's gonna take a bit of time for my south american legs to make the journey, i will meet you all at the make out room

from the bX to the bay,
ob

profile said...

i'm ob's personal assistant. we're coming. :-O

in other words, numuaitzi!!!!!

um, numuaitzi--->word verification of the day.

numuaitzi! numuaitzi! numuaitzi!

Gladys said...

joyous comment!!!!

i like short. i am short (as you now well know). let the short Pinoy parade begin!

ver said...

Okay, I googled "numuaitzi" and came up with nothing. I'm just going to assume it translates as, "Ob's personal assistant, Mr. Bino Realuyo, is making a rare West Coast appearance." In which case...yay!!

...and ob and gladys? Yay squared!

This seems to be a good time to point out that you don't have to be a Pinoy blogger. You just have to be a Pinoy-friendly blogger...

Jean Vengua said...

I will certainly try to make it, although I might be doing a reading in SF that night. But anyway sounds like loads a fun!

ver said...

Where?! And what time? Because if the timing works out, maybe we can extend our shortness...parade-ily speaking...

Jean Vengua said...

Uh, funny thing about that -- I'm not exactly sure where or when yet. But I'll let you know as soon as I find out!

jean

bjanepr said...

goes without sayin, i'll be there! yay!

Gura said...

wish I could go, but gotta help out at the "very last Pusod event forever". If you come back to the east bay, check out the bbq and the bands.

ver said...

Arrgh! We'll miss you Gura! How late does the Pusod event go?

Gura said...

let's see we're doing a bbq in the afternoon, but already got 6-7 bands lined up. we'll probably go as late as we possibly can go. I'm thinking midnight or so. we're still arranging details and will get them posted as soon as I know.

Princess Leia said...

aaayyyy can't make it. too bad. sounds like fun -- eat something for me!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I'm so psyched you guys are coming! It'll be a party, only, you know, literary.

ver said...

Thanks for stopping by Charlie! "Party" and "literary" are definitely not mutually exclusive, especially when these particular Filipinos are involved. We'll see you there...

Anonymous said...

I'll be there with bells on!

ver said...

I believe we have a party...