Monday, April 18, 2005

The Simple Life Starring Lea

My contractor is playing a sadistic (yes it is. It's sadistic) game in which he randomly turns the electricity on and off. Though I have nothing urgent to blog about (do I ever have anything urgent to blog about?), I feel compelled to beat him at his game by somehow producing a post before the power goes off again. And so...

This morning at Ranch 99, Lea requested some coins to throw in the sad little fountain out front. I handed her two pennies and told her she had to make a wish with each one. She tossed the first one in. After an excruciatingly long wait, she wished for "ice cream." (It sounded like this: "I wiss...I wiss...I wiss...I had...ice cweam!") She tossed the second one in and yelled, "I wish for a ponytail!"

And you know what I wish? I wish I could trade places with her for a day.

No comments: