Thursday, July 08, 2004

Google Power

Received this e-mail from one Mr. BT, and I reprint it here with utter disregard for whether or not he wants me to. My actions should come as no surprise, though, because he remembers me when I was a kid and--guess what!--I was such the insufferable brat. In my defense (I'm saying that a lot these days), I am the baby of the family and the only girl.

I've completely lost my train of thought...oh, yes! Here's the e-mail:


SUBJECT: Daly City? Could it be...?

Veronica Montes?

Gosh.

Please forgive this out-of-the-blue email, but I had been doing some research on Our Lady of Mercy using Google, and one of the links it offered sent me to your marvelous, goofy blog. Being the nosy person I am, I read for awhile--and then it suddenly occurred to me that I might know you from several eons ago. (I doubt you'd remember me, however.) If I'm correct, your older brother is Ricky--or I suppose Rick, nowadays. It just so happens that I lived in Daly City from 1962 to 1975, and he and I were good friends for a few years, during grade school. Well ... good friends until I misbehaved one day and your mom almost literally kicked me out of your house, things inevitably souring between him and myself for awhile. Ugh. Not a happy story. So it might
be for the better if you didn't remember me. :*D (But I do remember you when you were a little kid.)

Anyway, after eighth grade I moved down the peninsula, and Ricky and I lost touch.

You might want to mention my name to him. If he doesn't run screaming, I suppose that's encouraging.

Now, after writing all that ... if I am mistaken and I've misidentified you, I apologize profusely.

BT



Come on now! How fun was that? I quickly wrote Mr. BT to tell him that he had, indeed, cyber-bumped into Ricky Montes' little sister and that I must know--immediately--what he did to get kicked out of my house. I also told him that the only friend of my brother's I can recall with any clarity is the one named Frank Cecena. Why? Because I had the world's most insane 8-year-old girl crush on Frank Cecena.

**Waiting, now, for Frank Cecena to Google his own name...**

No comments: