Friday, July 09, 2004

Google Power Part II

Here's part of the follow-up e-mail from Mr. BT, and I re-print it here because it's proof that you can have an effect on someone's life without even knowing (hello DMV Servants of Beelzebub). Mom and Kuya Ricky, you see, don't remember this incident at all. Here's the e-mail:


So I was right! Howdy!

Dear God, no ... not Frank Cecena! :~}

To be precise, I was kicked out of your house without even being in it at the time. Seriously, it's not a happy story.

Ricky had a friend, whose name I can't remember, but I do remember that he was very large, very overweight. And for some stupid, immature reason I always teased him about it and called him "Fatso" rather than by his real name. *sigh* One morning, I called up Ricky and asked him if he could go somewhere with me. And Ricky said, quite evenly (though perhaps tinged with regret and sadness), that his mom would no longer allow him to associate with me because I was such a rude kid. *click*

That hit me like a ton of bricks. A little incident that woke me up, you might say, offering me a glimpse of all the weaknesses I had as a result of a less-than-perfect upbringing. And along with other harsh lessons, it slowly--very slowly--put me on the road back to being, hopefully, a better person.
...

BT



I guess we all have the power to gently nudge, push, pull, or bodyslam someone (psychologically speaking, dontcha know). Best to use the power for good, not evil.

No comments: