Monday, April 07, 2008

Week 2 @ Nesting Ground HQ

Maybe it's too early to say, but I'm going to say it: this is the most brilliant move your Nesting Ground Mistress has ever made. I'm getting so much done up here in my loft that it's (slightly) freaking me out. The other day I was happily working away on an article that's due in a few weeks, and I completely forgot that I was supposed to be volunteering in Lea's classroom. I showed up 45 minutes late with an oh-my-God-I'm-so-sorry look on my face. Since then I've been minding the clock a little better.

The spousal unit picked me up here on Friday night, looked around, and wondered what the deal was with my uncharacteristically stark aesthetic, so I explained that I don't want anything around me. My desk at home is covered in the detritus of life; this one just has my laptop and a few books. Oh, and a box of Kleenex. It's allergy season, after all.

It's hard to take a proper picture, so here's a bad one. My desk is in the foreground:



...And whaddaya know? School just called to say that Risa is sick and needs to be picked up...

No comments: