Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Got a Pen? Find a Pal.

Ah, the lovely Ms. Lorna Dee Cervantes (she really was named after Lorna Doone shortbread cookies, a small box of which I insist on purchasing whenever we're on a road trip that necessitates a stop at a gas station. And, no, I do not share.) is keeping The Pen alive! She received my letter, and has this to say on her blog:

If you're reading this, email someone whose blog you read & admire for their address now. Write & mail a letter if you're feeling blue and think they are too. Include something cherished. (post art!) Let me know if you do. ps - beware! oops, forgot BC is a foreign country! Make sure you include the correct postage. (Overheard in Blogville: "How much is a stamp?") 37 cents, last I counted, in Aztlan. And, btw, I don't count, I'm expecting something cool from Nick! Try for someone who hasn't received one yet.

Thanks to penpal Ver for this light, for keeping the pens and friends flowing.


Please indulge my impulses and allow me to channel Eileen Tabios for a moment:

Moi generates light.

And this makes me happy. But, wait, there's more happiness to announce! Hold on to your broomsticks...the wily filipino and his itty-bitty Izzy are coming over for a Halloween cookie-making playdate.

You are so jealous.

~~~

P.S. Is the rumor true? Does Nick give good mail? Do tell.

4 comments:

bjanepr said...

i am still waiting for ADT's "nashville is lovely! wish you were here" postcard! hmph.

ver said...

Yeah, a certain poet who shall remain nameless but who likes to wear hats and who owns a pair of blue suede shoes stood me up, too. Double hmph.

But never mind! A broken circle can mend itself, I'm sure of it...

A. D. said...

Believe it or not, I'm still looking for decent postcards—convenience stores and gas stations are seriously letting me down. I've considered the usual stationary, but it seems like a cop-out.

Might have to go to the dorky, touristy area tonight just for good ol' Nashvegas postcards.

Working on it.

ver said...

When all else fails, a.d., it's always good to go back to basics...