Monday, July 04, 2005

Scrabble Babble

I don't remember the last time I beat my Mom at Scrabble. Or my brother, for that matter. And that's saying a lot because, frankly, I am one helluva Scrabble player. And yet the two of them have thwacked me soundly countless times, leaving me forlorn and silently cursing what seemed to be my permanent fate.

But at last, at last, my time in the Scrabble Loser Seat has come to an end: three turns into our fourth and final game on Sunday night, I attached all seven tiles to an existing "g" to form the word "elbowing," a move which garnered a whomping 79 points from which mi madre never recovered.

Vengeance is mine!

Next up: my brother.

4 comments:

Gura said...

oh, we're a wickedly competitive scrabble family too!

ver said...

I'm not (too) competitive by nature, by sit me in front of the Scrabble board and it gets ugly...

Anonymous said...

You dare to challenge me???? Bring it on baby sis, bring it on. (unless of course you're referring to your other Kuya. if that's the case, never mind)

ver said...

Of course I'm talking about you. And, um, I will not be denied. My time has come.

*runs away screaming*