Monday, February 06, 2006

PSA: Parent Hacks

If you're thinking in even the most fleeting of ways about climbing aboard the baby track, you should just go ahead and bookmark Parent Hacks right now. It's a hilariously (hilarious for me, I mean, since I am now safely out of "toddler" land, which is the category under which most of the hacks currently fall) practical community blog filled with all kinds of advice I wish I'd had six years ago.

For example, there is not a parenting book known to man that 1) brings to light the fact that it's difficult for a parent to use a public restroom while toting a child or 2) tells you how to deal with the situation. What do you do with the kid? You sure as hell can't put it on the floor or hand it to a stranger for a minute. Well, Parent Hacks has a solution. Kind of.

(On the highly doubtful chance that you would like to know what I personally did when faced with this dilemma, I will tell you: nothing. I never used a public restroom when on my own with a baby/toddler. Nope. Couldn't do it.)

And that, dear ones, is my public service announcement for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, hanging your child up on the coat rack inside the stall, is not acceptable??

ver said...

It's not acceptable, but it's a good idea...

ochno (the sound a child makes when s/he falls off the coat hook)