Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Let's Say...

...your partner, who takes care of most (okay, all) outdoor tasks did a superlative job of stringing lights through the trees outside your house (including 6 very groovy 1-foot-diameter light balls! You are so jealous). Let's also say that, unlike last year, he didn't wrap the power strip/switch in a waterproof contraption. And finally, let's say he's out of town for the week, and it's currently raining. Here is my question:

Would you go outside and turn on the lights?

I am blogging from bed, if you must know, and I feel like someone hammered a rusty spike through the center of my forehead. Add to this a cough and achy body, and what have you got? I'm not sure, but it doesn't bode well for the Pinoy Blogger Party. Of course, what does it all matter if I decide to turn on the Christmas lights?

I'm going to crawl out of my cocoon now to look for medication. I bet you're wondering who's watching the kids. Well, no one. But they're playing nicely together and currently require nothing of me. As usual, they're deep into some sort of role playing game. Whenever one of them needs to break character she says, "Pause movie!" uses the bathroom or whatever and then says, "Un-pause movie!" to resume the game. Even in my current state, I'm able to smile at this...

6 comments:

Gladys said...

Ver, feel better! It won't be the same without one of the hosts, after all. Is your cough bad? You might try Mucinex. Anyway, sending you some virtual chicken soup and Cold-Eeze.

Anonymous said...

STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHTS. Stay in bed, too. Feel better.

djhuy!

OBermeo said...

i hope you feel better. and that you can still have fun at the par-tay. i mean, c'mon, i am travelling cross continent just for this! yell, the par-tay and La Reyes but you know what i mean ;-)

i am currently working on a mild surprise for the par-tay (btw, you should always say that with a colonial accent) and hope you can partake of some good ole fashioned caribbean cure all

ver said...

I am roaring back to life even as I type! Well, kind of. What I mean to say is...I can sit upright without my head falling forward like a rag doll! I can speak! I can walk around! Oh, yes, oh yes. I'll be at the par-tay...

What's a Caribbean cure all? Is there dancing involved? Hmmmmm...

kqqfeznq?

bjanepr said...

feel better, ms. ver! i prescribe salabat and arroz caldo. and ima thinkin caribbean cure-all might be rummish. but i cd be wrong.

wdbnz!!!!

OBermeo said...

give that lady a cigar!

indeed the cure all involves rum and i am calling all my domino playin buddies to see if i can get my hands on some in time for the par-tay. that and i am putting a shine on my best dancin' shoes even though my salsa dancin rep exists more on paper than any where else.

"deaokrp" is the werd that ya heard