Thursday, January 20, 2005

Speaking of Kickball...

What was your pitch of choice? I always used to say "Medium bouncy!" with the hope of connecting with the ball on a bounce and launching it way over the heads of the outfielders. Choosing "Fast and smooth!" had its advantages, too, though.

In elementary school, my best buddy Paul was always a team captain (is it fair, though, to only designate the best players as captain? Do they still do that in school?), and he always picked me first despite the superior kicking power of boys whose names I can't now remember. And so I was just thinking: I owe Paul a thank you because our kickball days were an excellent early lesson in loyalty.

Also speaking of kickball (listen up Gura and Rhett!) instead of opting for the typical bachelor/bachelorette parties, my little cousin and her now-husband hosted a rollicking kickball game, complete with many homeless park dwellers who ended up picking sides, coaching, and cheering wildly. They only problem is that they had it the day before the wedding, and there was more than one person limping on The Big Day.

And finally...the spousal unit insists that I have now placed all my fellow bloggers in shortstop positions. Could this be right? I need to re-organize.

No comments: