I am wracked with guilt (I'm overstating! Me! Overstating!) because I have failed to take part in an age-old blog tradition: the obligatory new year post. The fact is I was too overwhelmed by one thought: I have been a parent for a decade.
I have been a parent for a decade.
Also, I was:
• fighting off the flu with my weakened arms and tiny fists of fury.
• watching the girls use their iKaraoke to belt out "I'll Be There." Forty trillion times a day.
• planning a fete for one of my favorite people and taking as my theme: woodland forest. SHUT UP!
• trying to find a pair of black pants that are lost somewhere in my closet.
• paralyzed by my inability to choose a new book to read.
And...that's really it. And now I have to go back to working my woodland forest theme. There are acorns involved. And owls. And little woodland creatures. And green himalayan roses. And wavy coco twigs. Also stones covered in moss. But no hedgehogs; hedgehogs freak me out.