Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Post Where I Pointedly Do Not Blog About Nevada

Thanks to the extraordinary navigational and driving skills of one J.G., I am safely home from our Nevada Drive for Change. The campaign has asked us not to blog (where, I ask, is the fun in that?) about our trips until at least November 5th. I am nothing if not a good Obama foot soldier, so I will comply. Let me just say, though, that I have a humdinger for you, and it involves your Nesting Ground Mistress, a pitbull, claws, and pure terror.

Since the following picture reveals nothing of top-secret campaign brilliance, I will post it. This is me and my little cousin Lui at the end of our first day (proper shoes were key):



I also want to share this picture—via DailyKos—because it practically kills me:



And, finally, here is my Daddy-o casting his vote for Obama. He was mumbling as he filled in his choices. "I'm changing ALL these motherf***ers, you hear me?" he said. "ALL of 'em..." Goooooo Dad!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Robert Delfino's step-daughter, Christine. I love your blog. I'm interested in hearing more about what your experiences in Incline Village were like. Here is Spanish Springs everyone is pretty much pro-Obama. It sounds like Tahoe was not like that? We had 120 Obama volunteers last weekend in our neighborhood when we were thinking we'd only have 40. I think Nevada is going blue.

ver said...

Hi Christine. I ended up being re-assigned to Reno, where my traveling pals had all been assigned. I hope we helped to swing it blue; it seems like we did! I'll blog about it more, but I have to wait 'til after the election. Meanwhile, I'll keep phonebanking for Barack...

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Help...me...please.

What do I say to my pro-McCain relatives who keep sending me email lies about 'the truth about Obama'?

I'm tearing my hair out here with all the fear mongering...

Can your dad talk to my dad, please?

ver said...

Eeek! I'm sorry I missed this comment, Bec! Maybe there's some information at filipinosforobama.org/ that will help with your relatives. There's also BO's own Fight the Smears page: fightthesmears.com/

Good luck! Keep trying!

Rebecca Mabanglo-Mayor said...

Thanks Ver! I think he may have already put his ballot in, but I'm seeing my dad this weekend and if he starts in, I'll be glad to have these sites to point him to.