Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Jack 'n' Poy On Steroids

Somebody created this.

I'm stunned.

All the possible outcomes read like random lines from the Mead notebook of a 14-year-old boy battling a bad case of acne and suffering from a certain social anxiety that keeps him from asking, I don't know, some girl named Sierra to the Winter Formal. Take for example, these:

Devil hurls rock, breathes fire, immune to scissors & gun, casts lightning, eats snakes, possesses human.

Air blows out fire, erodes rock, evaporates water, chokes devil, tarnishes gun, freezes dragon, creates lightning.


***

Speaking of things that stun me, Joanne successfully completed the Maui marathon and contributed $3,680.00 to the Manilatown Heritage Foundation.

Which makes me think...Joanne must not have monkey mind. Nope. Joanne is a woman who can focus. And focus is something to which I aspire.

3 comments:

Gladys said...

First, on that RPS-15: How long would it take to even remember all fifteen hand signs and which ones trump which? More, how would you find anyone else to memorize it all play it with you seriously?

Then on Joanne: No kidding. She'll be the first to tell you she has monkey mind, but that girl has co-edited freaking books, has recently won a national academic fellowship, and is going to D.C. for said fellowship meeting today, just three days after coming home from Hawai'i. She doesn't have monkey mind, but she's kick-ass crazy!

However, I could say the same thing, being kick-ass, that is, about you as well as some of the peeps who visit here. As you and I have said before, this Fil/Am blog community rocks.

ver said...

On the RPS-15: No kidding! Although it might be kinda fun just to throw out random signs and then justify why, for example, butterfly torches...campfire?!!

And on Joanne: I just could never run 26 miles. For a non-runner, it's totally a mind over matter thing (I'm guessing), and I just don't have the mind for it! But, yeah, the community? Roars/rocks...

Gladys said...

Joanne said she wasn't a runner either before she started, and she says she still isn't, even after doing the marathon. It is totally mind over matter, but I think for her it helped that there was a very personal motivation to run (the fundraiser for a cause she cares about as well as running for family members who had/have debilitating leg problems). Also, to hear her say it, the Runbutan Team is truly exceptional in terms of training and supporting all their runners and making sure no one crosses the finish line alone, which I think is a fantastic philosophy for running a marathon (for most people it's a very individualistic thing). Like I said on my blog, I would train and run with the Runbutans if I ever decided to go for it.