In the time since I last updated my blog, the following things have occurred:
1) Gray hair popped up all over my head. I have had no time to correct this grave mistake of Mother Nature, but I have managed to waste several minutes musing on the fact that post-40 personal upkeep is annoying, time-consuming, and expensive. *waves fists at the heavens*
2) Some joker in Congress called our President a liar. Not only is this bad form, it's...bad form. And there's nothing worse than bad form. Plus, it just really, really, really pissed me off.
3) I purchased an iron. We have not had an iron in this house for at least a year. I'm staring at it now; it's like sculpture. Home sculpture.
4) I read A Mouse and His Motorcycle to Lea.
5) I squealed with delight when Risa's teacher informed us that the class would be reading Island of the Blue Dolphins.
6) I successfully ignored several phone calls from my dentist's office because I don't want to go to my cleaning, and I don't want a new crown (unless it sits on my head, is jewel-encrusted, and indicates that people must kneel before me), and I don't want to be miserable.
7) I wrapped prosciutto around asparagus and grilled it on the stovetop.
8) I surprised myself by being mentally prepared for the inevitable meltdowns each of my children undergoes as they get used to being in school for seven hours a day. I breathed in, I breathed out, I breathed in, I breathed out.
9) I became distracted by that slightly nuts CNN war correspondent with the crooked nose.
10) I bought a hat.
I'm lying! I'm lying! I did not buy a hat.