Friday, March 21, 2008

Loose Ends, Easter Bunnies, Parting Gifts, Etc.

With every year it becomes more difficult to pack for the kids. In fact, at this very moment, I am surrounded by piles and piles and piles of freshly laundered clothes, and I hardly know where to start. There's an argument to be made for letting them pack for themselves, of course, but I have a real fear that we'd arrive at our destination only to find that they'd brought nothing but books and stuffed animals. And the last thing I want to do is spend the first day of vacation running around to buy the things that didn't quite make it into their bags.

Isn't blogging fantastic? Where else can you seriously discuss the miniscule "problems" in your life?

Speaking of miniscule problems, there is one I just crossed off my list: the problem of having no good place to write! Yes, dear ones, the loft space is mine from April 1st until at least the end of August. Ten feet from my desk there's a door that leads to a little roofdeck. On my first day, I'm gonna go out there and perform a special room-of-one's-own dance. Imagine Ed Grimley, but with better pants:


And better hair. Usually.

Let's see...what other loose blog ends must I tie? The talent show! The talent show was smooth like a...like a...like a smooth surface. Hahahahahaha! My only real worry was that Lea might forget the figure eight skipping pattern and burst into tears or something. It happened during the dress rehearsal (no tears, though, just a furrowed brow), and the poor thing had such a hard time falling asleep that night. Here's a not very good picture of the "Unwritten" act:


See? They only look a little terrified. On a completely unrelated note, will you get me these for Easter?:


Thank you!

And with that I am off to an undisclosed location that requires a passport and several light cotton skirts. Be back soon...

But wait! A parting gift:

No comments: